You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
Types of Information We Collect and Process
Cookies and Other Information Collecting Technologies
Disclosures of Information
Information for California Residents
Security of Your Information
Links to External Websites
Types of Information We Collect and Process
Enesco recognizes and respects the privacy of our customers who receive Services and Site visitors. “Personal Information” generally refers to any information that can be linked to an identified or identifiable person. The Personal Information that we collect about you varies depending on the context of our interactions with you, though it typically pertains only to business-related contexts. The following describes the types of Personal Information that we collect from you for our purposes and how we use that information. We also provide information regarding the legal basis of processing such Personal Information, as required by certain privacy laws.
||Types of Data
||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data
|When you register for an account, we collect your name and email address. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. If you choose to provide it, we may also collect information such as product and services preferences.
||We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users and performing our contract with you. Accounts can be used for easy checkout, to view status of your orders and confirmation of orders, and to save your preferences and transaction history.
||We use first party cookies and other methods to track Site activity. We also use third party cookies and other methods to track Site activity and disclose it with third parties. See the Cookie section below for more information.
||First party cookies gather information so you can makTypes of Information We Collect and Processe a purchase. They are also used to provide you with a better shopping experience. Third party cookies gather information to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture website analytics. We have a legitimate interest in making our Sites operate efficiently, providing account-related functionalities, improving our platform, services and product offerings, and maintaining security standards and to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture website analytics.
||We may collect Personal Information, such as your age, location, and gender.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to comply with applicable laws, and to better understand our customers and provide tailored services.
||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.
||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
||We have a legitimate interest when we use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.
||When you use our Sites or Services, we may collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from our retail location(s) that sells our products.
||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts, our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geolocation information.
|Financial or Payment Information
||We may collect payment information, such as your name and credit card, from you. However, Enesco uses third party payment processors to complete the transactions.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information for processing or fulfilling orders and transactions through our third party payment processors.
||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address and/or postal address.
||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services with you and otherwise providing you with marketing or promotional materials.
|Social Media Information
||We may collect, as a result of using third party social media plugins, widgets, or other tools, information related to your social media usage as it relates to our Sites.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to save your preferences if you chose to share products on our Sites on Social Media or generate content that we are tagged in on your social media.
|Ratings and Reviews
||When you rate or review us or our products, we collect any information you provide as part of that rating or review.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to improve and provide feedback on products.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand your opinions and collect information relevant to our organization.
|Sweepstakes or Contests
||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected. We also collect information from you when we offer sweepstakes or contests via social media.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes. Subject to your consent, we also use this information for marketing or similar purposes.
||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to fulfill our promotions.
||We use technology to monitor how you access and interact with our Sites. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand how you interact with our Sites to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks, providing and maintaining the functionality of our Sites, including identifying and repairing errors or problems, security incidents, and in investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
We collect Personal Information from you directly, and we may also receive Personal Information about you from other sources, including third parties (including from companies that also provide marketing lead information and/or your employer to the extent your organization is acting as our customer), business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
If you do not provide us with certain Personal Information, we may not be able to fulfill the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or request for customer service or provide our Services to you. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your Personal Information will not result in legal consequences for you. Although the table above describes our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. As a result, our collection and processing of your information may be based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our general interest in conducting our business.
Klarna Payment Method
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
Cookies and Other Information Collecting Technologies
What are cookies?
|These are cookies that our Sites need in order to function and that enable you to move around and use the Sites and features. Without these essential cookies, the Sites will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to, and we may not be able to provide the Sites or certain services or features you request. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to determine when you are signed in, to determine when your account has been inactive, and for other troubleshooting and security purposes.
||Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our Services, how many times they visit us and how many times a user viewed specific pages within our Site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the Site that you visit and whether you have visited our Site multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.
||Advertising cookies may be placed by us or third parties to enable third party ad networks to recognize a unique cookie on your computer or mobile device. The information that is collected and disclosed by these types of cookies may also be linked to the device identifier of the device you are using to allow us to keep track of all the websites you have visited that are associated with the ad network. This information may be used for the purpose of targeting advertisements on our Sites and third party sites based on those interests.
We support the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) as well as the self-regulatory program of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). You may opt out of receiving personalized ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website, here. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
Keep in mind that, if you opt out of interest-based advertising on our Sites, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. Please also note that you will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our Sites.
We may use the information collected through tracking technologies for several reasons, including:
- To make our Site easier to use.
- To gather metrics about how users interact with our Site and Services.
- For security reasons.
Do Not Track
At this time, our Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” or equivalent signals.
Disclosures of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may disclose information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also disclose information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Compliance with Law or Other Legal Process.We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public Forums.Our Sites and Services may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers.We disclose your information with service providers. Among other things, service providers may help us to administer our Sites and Services, collect data for analysis purposes, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfilment of orders.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also disclose your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
How long we retain your Personal Information depends on the context in which, and purposes for which, we collected it. We generally retain Personal Information for as long as necessary for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed, unless a different retention period is required by applicable law.
Depending on where you are located, you may have additional rights, as detailed below:
- Right to withdraw your consent: To the extent a specific element of our processing of your Personal Information relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Right to request access to your Personal Information: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. This access information includes — inter alia — the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Information.
- Right to request restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to Know what Personal Information is Sold or Shared and to Whom. At the current time, Enesco does not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Right to Prohibit the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information. At the current time, Enesco does not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. We will only use sensitive or special Personal Information as needed for the purposes for which it was collected. If this changes, we will notify you, and you may have the right to restrict such additional uses.
If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable law, we will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. Your rights and our responses will vary based on your country or territory of residency.
Information for California Residents
As further detailed above, California residents will specifically have the following consumer rights:
- Right to access Personal Information
- Right to deletion of Personal Information
- Right to prohibit the sale of Personal Information
In certain jurisdictions, a person authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you designate an authorized person to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
Your verifiable request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Security of Your Information
We take the privacy of your Personal Information seriously. We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information, including generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of a breach that we are required by law to inform you of, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Links to External Websites
Enesco does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and users under the age of 13 should not submit any Personal Information to Enesco. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent and he/she is under the age of 13, please alert us at the contact information detailed in the “Contact Us” section below. We will take prompt steps to remove the Personal Information from our systems.
The Personal Information that we collect or receive about you may be transferred/made accessible to and processed by recipients that are located outside of your home country, including in certain instances to countries not considered to provide an adequate level of protection to Personal Information from a local law perspective. To appropriately protect Personal Information, we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, including but not limited to standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and/or similar contractual obligations for the United Kingdom. Depending on your location, you may have
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate contact information below. We will attempt to respond to your questions and provide you with additional privacy-related information. Any requests related to your Personal Information, please use the information above contained in the Your Choices section. Depending on your location, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, regulator, or privacy commissioner in your home location.
Telephone: 1-800-874-2653, prompt 3
Mail: Enesco, LLC, 500 Park Boulevard, Suite 1300, Itasca, IL 60143-1258
Mail: Enesco Canada Corporation, 2425 Skymark Avenue, Unit 3, Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y6
Mail: Enesco, LTD, Brunthill Rd, Carlisle CA3 0EN, United Kingdom
Mail: Enesco France, 2426 RN 7, 06270 Villeneuve-Loubet, France
Effective Date: [ 2022]
Last Updated: June 9, 2022